Assertiveness Skills Training
This one day course will teach staff how to behave assertively and communicate confidently and effectively in the work place. Highly interactive, it will build confidence in a variety of situations involving others.
- Learn and practice using assertive styles for any situation.
- Develop assertiveness skills that will boost confidence
- Recognise how body language and behaviour can be perceived by others.
The course will cover:
- Assertiveness – what does it mean, why is it important?
- The difference between assertive, aggressive and passive behaviour
- Overcoming the barriers to assertive behaviour
- Presenting clear and congruent messages to get your point across
- Wrapping up conversations
- Assertiveness techniques
- Handling difficult people and situations – managing conflict
- Learning to say no
- Making requests assertively
- Getting heard in meetings
- Giving effective feedback
- Managing emotions – your own and others.
- Personal action planning
Participants will have plenty of opportunity to practice their skills and ask questions.